We present COLIBRI flight simulator-trainer.
It is one of the least costly and easy to use simulators, intended for primary pilots training.
It has two versions - Professional and Standard.
The trainer provides a number of general aviation vehicles - planes and helicopters, including R-22, EC-130, Mi-8 and others.
The realistic environment is implemented as aerial imagery overlays plus some 3D buildings. We composed lessons for certain training tasks, in accordance to the methodology of Sergei Piskunov, a pilot and a flight school head, and we also implemented an automated skill assesment system. Emergency situations (engine and other systems failures) can be worked out on the trainer without any limitations. The software enables instantly modifying the flight conditions, weather, geographic location, and stopping the lesson for critical analysis and restaring.
The trainer is cost-efficient, it is 6-8 cheaper (per hour) than a real helicopter and it does not require medical certification.
The COLIBRI Professional consists of:
- a helicopter cabin (Afalina, Heliwhale, Russoa) with flight controls - cyclic, collective and the pedals
- dashoard (a sensor sreeen)
- an instructr sead with duplicated controls
- a computer image generator with three 60" TV panels providing 120 degrees of FOV
The required space is 3x5 meters, can be installed by two persons in 1 day.
The COLIBRI Standard consists of:
- a pilot's seat with flight controls - cyclic, collective and the pedals
- a computer image generator with four 40" TV panels providing 160 degrees of FOV
The required space is 2x2 meters, can be installed by two persons in 1 day.